Top page >> Handling of Personal Information
1. Name or job title, department and contact details of the personal information protection manager (or his/her agent)
Bridge Life Limited Company, Director
2. The personal information acquired by Bridge Life includes
(1) information, such as the names, addresses, and contact details of owners, landlords, tenants, and joint sureties, set forth in real estate lease agreements (documents prescribed in Article 37 of the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act) and disclosure statements of important matters (documents prescribed in Article 35 of the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act);
(2) information similar to those set forth in the preceding paragraph concerning parties to various agreements and interested persons;
(3) information similar to those set forth in the preceding two paragraphs concerning persons making applications or reservations in relation to paragraphs (1) and (2) above;
(4) information relating to certification documents, such as residence certificates, seal registration certificates, copies of passports, and alien registration certificates, that the Company receives from customers in relation to paragraphs (1) and (2) above;
(5) information, such as addresses andnames, etc. stated on the real property register acquired from public sources of information (e.g. public agencies and official websites);
(6) information on foreign employees and foreign students acquired from corporate customers;
(7) information acquired in the course of the job placement service for regular and part-time employment (e.g. alien registration certificates and CVs);
(8) information on employees of the Company (the personal information necessary for personnel management, such as the name, address, date of birth, contact details, personal history, and bank account number); and
(9) CVs and resumes of candidates for employment.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information Acquired and Retained by Bridge Life
We handle the personal information that we acquire within the following purposes of use under strict control. We do not use such personal information for any unintended purposes.
1) Purposes of Use of Personal Information Acquired in "Real Estate Agency Business"
(1) to make various communications by way of confirmation of conditions, provision of information, and inquiries in the course of room and real estate referrals;
(2) to manage the personal information stated on the application forms, and agreements, etc., that are received from tenant candidates or tenants for rented properties and owners and other right holders of properties consigned to the Company for management or intermediary in relation to real estate transactions with the Company, and any other personal information that the Company acquires by appropriate means;
(3) to search for prospective counterparties to real estate lease agreements, to execute agreements concerning leasing, intermediary, and management, etc., of real properties (including joint and several liability guarantees), and to provide services under such agreements;
(4) to provide the personal information concerning the tenants to rent guarantee companies, if necessary;
(5) to use the address, name, phone number, e-mail address, and property details among the personal information concerning a customer for the purposes of dispatches of direct mails and communications, etc., introducing the Company's other real estate related services and services provided by the Company's business associates that may be useful to the customer (however, such a use will be suspended at the request of the customer concerned);
(6) to respond to comments and requests, etc., of the Company;
(7) to carry out support tasks as a non-life insurance agent in the sales and marketing, execution of agreements, and handling of claims; and
(8) to receive the personal information concerning foreign employees and foreign students from companies and educational corporations respectively and handle the admission of such foreign employees and students in the respective dormitories on behalf of the companies and educationalcorporations.
2) Purposes of Use of Personal Information Acquired in "Living Support Service"
(1) to procure leased furniture and electric appliances to be used in the rented accommodation;
(2) to inform utility suppliers, such aselectricity companies, gas companies, and waterworks bureaus in order to arrange forinstallations of utilities, such as electricity, gas, and water;
(3) to deal with complaints from neighbors on consignment from property management companies and report to property management companies;
(4) to deal with disputes upon moving out of tenants, such as those relating to the refund of security deposits and the payment of cleaning expenses; and (5) to collect rents on consignment.
3) Purposes of Use of Personal Information Acquired in "Online Bulletin Board Service"
(1) to administer registered members;
(2) to provide information within the online bulletin board;
(3) to provide details of accesses and inquiries to the information provided on the online bulletin board to the relevant information provider; and
(4) to distribute e-mail newsletters (only to those who are interested).
4) Purposes of Use of Personal Information Acquired in "Job Placement Service (for both regular and part-time employment)"
(1) to provide details of accesses and inquiries to the job offer information to the relevant information provider
5) Purposes of Use of Personal Information concerning Employees
(1) to administer personnel management, payroll, business operations, and welfare benefits, etc.
6) Purposes of Use of Personal Information concerning Job Candidates
(1) to recruit and select job candidates;
(2) to communicate details of recruitment and selection process as well as the results thereof;
(3) to carry out pre-entry procedures and communicate details of other relevant procedures.
4. Consignment to Third Party of Personal Information Acquired by Bridge Life:
1) In the following circumstances, we outsource the handling of personal information that we acquire subject to consent from the individual concerned (We may consign the personal information to a contractor under our control that is recognized suitable upon the assessment and selection by the Company. However, such consignment will not be made without consent of the individual concerned):
(1) when we consign the personal information concerning employees to a certified tax accountant in the course of outsourcing of a part of the Company's personnel management;
(2) when we consign the personal information concerning employees for printing of their business cards; and
(3) when we manage the personal information acquired in the course of the Company's business using external hosting services.
5. Provision to and Sharing with Third Party of Personal Information Acquired by Bridge Life
1) We do not provide to or share with a third party the personal information that we acquire, without consent of the individual concerned except in the following circumstances:
(1) if the individual concerned has so consented, or (2) if required under a law or ordinance.
6. Safety Management for Protection of Personal Information
1) We establish rules and regulations to protect the personal information that we acquire, familiarize the employees with and educate and enlighten the employees on such rules and regulations, and regularly monitor the status of compliance with such rules and regulations. Furthermore, we endeavor to maintain and improve necessary safety management measures for the protection of personal information acquired by the Company.
7. Procedures for Disclosure, Correction and Suspension of Use
1) Personal Information Subject to Disclosure
The term "Personal Information Subject to Disclosure" is defined in section 184.108.40.206 of JIS Q 15001:2006 as follows:
"the personal information forming a collection of information systematically organized to enable a search using a computer, or a collection of information systematically structured to facilitate an easy search of a particular piece of personal information by organizing and classifying under certain rules or adding indices or codes, etc., with respect to which a business operator is granted with the authority to be able to respond to all requests from the individual concerned for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, suspension of use, erasure, and suspension of provision to a third party of the personal information relating to that individual"
2) The Personal Information Subject to Disclosure retained by Bridge Life includes:
(1) personal information that we acquire in each of our business operations (those set forth in paragraphs 3.1) and 3. 3) to 3. 6)
(2) personal information concerning our business partners,
(3) personal information in relation to the management of all our employees,
(4) personal information concerning job candidates wishing to join the Company, and
(5) personal information relating to those making inquiries to the Company
3) Contact for Disclosure Requests
Please address all disclosure requests to the "Contact for Personal Information Related Inquiries" stated below. If you wish to make a request for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, suspension of use, erasure, and suspension of provision to a third party of the personal information relating to you, please submit a prescribed form to the Company after filling it out with necessary details.
4) We verify the identity of a person requesting a disclosure. We may ask you to send a copy of your official identification documents to us by post for verification.
* For a request by agent, please submit a power of attorney for verification. If you appoint your agent, official identification documents of both yourself and your agent need to be submitted. Furthermore, we do not accept any requests for disclosure etc. by phone, e-mail, or fax, etc. Please submit your request by recorded delivery or any other means with dispatch records.
* For a request by a statutory representative of a minor or adult ward, please submit a document certifying the legal authority of the representative.
5) We charge administration fees of up to \1,000 per request for any requests for disclosure (requests for "notification of purpose of use" and "disclosure of Information Subject to Disclosure"). We will advise you separately if it is clear that the administrative charge exceeds \1,000.
8. Inquiries, Complaints and Consultations on Handling of Personal Information
1) Please address all inquiries, complaints, and consultation requests on personal information to the following "Contact for Personal Information Related Inquiries."
Enacted on 22 August 2012
Last amended on 22 August 2012
Bridge Life Limited Company (the "Company") provides specialized services of “estate agency, moving-in and living support, online bulletin board, and job placement (for both regular and part-time employment)" for foreign residents in Japan.
In handling personal information, we comply with applicable laws and regulations, etc., concerning the personal information, fully recognizing our social responsibility and protecting the rights and interests of individuals concerned.
In order to realize the policies stated below, we, as the whole Company, hereby declare that we will establish and endeavor to continuously improve the personal information protection management system, always acknowledging the trend of latest IT technology, transition of social requirements, and changes to management environments, etc.
- a) In relation to the personal information to be handled in the Company's business, hiring and personnel management of employees, etc., we appropriately acquire, use, and provide such personal information within the purposes of use prescribed in advance. We do not use such personal information except as required for the achievement of the said prescribed purposes of use (i.e. no unintended use). We also take appropriate measures to achieve the foregoing.
- b) We comply with laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information as well as guidelines and any other codes that the national government prescribes in relation thereto.
- c) We take reasonable safety measures against risks such as unauthorized access to, leakage or loss of, or damage to the personal information injecting management resources consistent with the status of the Company's business, and continuously improve the security framework for personal information. Furthermore, we preserve the personal information in its best possible state to by establishing internal regulations, including provisions on the correction of inappropriate matters.
- d) We establish internal regulations on responses to complaints and inquiries concerning handling of personal information, and deal with such complaints and inquiries promptly and faithfully.
- e) We continuously promote the improvement of the personal information protection management system by reviewing the system on a timely and appropriate basis in the light of changes in the environment surrounding the Company.
We provide and familiarize all officers and employees of the Company with the Private Policy and take measures to make the said policy available to anybody at any time.
Bridge Life Limited Company
Tobita Masahito, Representative Director
Bridge Life Limited Company
Contact for Personal Information Related Inquiries
Please address all personal information related inquiries to the personal information protection